DoctorWine’s Ultimate Guide to Italian Wine California Tour: 2018 Edition
Seated Italian Edu-Tastings | Walk-Around Italian Luxury Wine Bazaar
"Daniele Cernilli is one of Italy’s most renowned wine and food writers. I have huge respect for his tasting ability, verbiage and insights. If you wish to learn more about Italian wine, I believe it's imperative that it comes from someone whose life and whose passion have been in pursuit of that subject. With Daniele, you get a lifetime of insight across the breadth of the Italian peninsula."
Italian Wine Buyer K&L Wine Merchants
Daniele Cernilli, aka DoctorWine, highly acclaimed international wine critic on Italian wine, is the man behind this essential wine Guide dedicated entirely to Italian wines. This June, Daniele Cernilli and representatives from 8 of his favorite producers are visiting a select few destinations in California for a tour celebrating the 2018 Edition of his guide, and showcasing a selection of this year's favorite wines. We are thrilled to welcome his return to San Francisco Wine School. This year is looking to be every bit as fun and informative as the last! Please join us as we host DoctorWine's only Bay Area appearance.
About The Ultimate Guide to Italian Wine
Written by Daniele Cernilli, a great, historic name in wine criticism, this trustworthy and easy to understand Guide gives clarity to the extremely broad panorama of Italian wines, selecting those that most represent their winery (from the historic ones to the most interesting newcomers). Accurate and exhaustive without using abstruse terms known just to experts, The Ultimate Guide to Italian Wine is an essential resource for wine professionals, students and enthusiasts of Italian Wines.
An Italian Wine Tour, Edu-Tasting One
Daniele Cernilli, former editor of Italy's Gambero Rosso and founder of Tre Bicchieri, hosts a panel of producers from a selection of his favorite Italian Wines who will guide you through their incredible lineup.
- Contadi Castaldi Franciacorta Brut Rose NV
- Velenosi Villa Angela Offida Pecorino 2016
- Colosi Nero d'Avola Sicilia 2017
- Vinchio-Vaglio Serra I Tres Vescovi Barbera d'Asti 2015
- Cecchi Coevo Toscana IGT 2011
- Antinori Tenuta Bocca di Lupo Castel del Monte 2011
- Surrau Sincaru Cannonau di Sardegna 2016
- Statti Arvino IGP Calabria 2015
The Ultimate Guide to Italian Wine Bazaar & Book Signing
- Contadi Castaldi - Lombardy
- Az. Agr. Colosi Piero - Sicily
- Casa Vinicola Luigi Cecchi e Figli Srl - Tuscany
- Velenosi Vini - Marche
- Antinori - Tuscany
- Surrau - Sardinia
- C.S. DI VINCHIO – VAGLIO SERRA e Z.L. S. Coop. Agr. - Piedmont
- Statti - Calabria
An Italian Wine Tour, Edu-Tasting Two
In the past 20 years there has been a renaissance of Italian wines. Italy, as a wine producing country, went through a great transformation in both viti and viniculture techniques. During this time, great wines now worldly acclaimed, came into the market and made everyone look at Italy from another perspective. Join Daniele Cernilli, who wants everyone to enjoy and fully understand the extent of these changes, as he tastes you through some of the best examples of Italian wine today.
- Contadi Castaldi Franciacorta Saten 2013
- Colosi Salina Bianco IGP 2017
- Antinori Castello della Sala Bramito Umbria IGT 2016
- Surrau Branu Vermentino di Gallura 2017
- Statti Gagliopo IGT Calabria 2016
- Cecchi Riserva di Famiglia Chianti Classico Riserva 2014
- Velenosi Roggio del Filare Rosso Piceno Superiore 2013
- Vinchio-Vaglio Serra Nivasco Piemonte Brachetto 2017
DATE & TIME
Saturday June 2, 2018
11:00-12:30: Edu-Tasting One
12:30-2:30: Wine & Bites Bazaar
2:30-4:00: Edu-Tasting Two
*All tickets include one copy of Daniele Cernilli's The Ultimate Guide to Italian Wine 2018 Edition.
San Francisco Wine School
415 Grand Ave #301
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Click for parking and public transportation information
All attendees must be at least 21 years of age