STAND OUT AMONGST YOUR PEERS WITH EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AND SALESMANSHIP!
This one day program is designed for restaurant servers and managers who want to learn to speak effectively about wine with their guests and sell (more) wine at the table!
Restaurant Wine 101 is perfect for students new to restaurant service &/or wine, beer, and spirits and those looking to get a better grasp on the beverage program at their restaurant.
This 6 hour program imparts the artful strategy involved in speaking about wine with your guests, understanding your restaurant’s wine list, offering food & wine pairing experiences, creating sales through service, delivering value, and moving with confidence. With lessons that are immediately useful on the restaurant floor, this class will help students take their sales and service skills to the next level.
Wines & Menus may be customized for private training.
Master How to Taste and Talk About Wine with Guests:
- Consumer/restaurant wine terminology
- Recommending wines based on guest preference and desired price point
Suggest Successful Food and Wine Pairings:
- Taste 16 flavor combinations
- Discover the chemistry of pairing (food and wine pairing basics)
- Understand your guests pairing preferences and make the right recommendations for them
Know the Wine List:
- Understanding the concept of restaurant
- Looking for best sellers
- Discovering hidden gems
- Pairing the wine list with the food menu
Increase Sales with Outstanding Service:
- Understanding your service standards and how to go beyond them
- Theoretical service walk through for upselling scenarios
- Building speed through rehearsed practice
Sense Your Guests' Needs:
- Reading your table
- Understanding guests understated desires
- Listening for wine cues
- Learning prestige producers based on varietal and region
Playing the Role - Charm School:
- Moving with confidence
- Practicing elegant movement
- Combining steps of service with grace
SESSION DATES & TIMES
Thursday, May 7
Friday, May 8
This program is also available to private groups. We'll use your list and menu to create customized training for your team. Contact email@example.com for scheduling.
Group rates available for 5 or more.
* See our COVID-19 Response Information for the latest updates on In-Person and Webinar Classes
All attendees must be 21+ years