Central Coast Tasting Room Wine Service & Sales
BECOME A TASTING ROOM PRO: Stand out amongst your peers with exceptional service and salesmanship at this special session on California's Central Coast
Professional tasting room wine service and a host's ability to understand and engage with a guest's interests are critical for improving sales. This 8-hour program is designed for winery staff and managers who want to learn to speak effectively about wine with their guests and sell (more) wine and club memberships in the tasting room! Tasting Room Wine Service & Sales is perfect for students new to tasting rooms &/or wine, as well as experienced tasting room staff. It is also ideal for tasting room managers and winery owners looking to design or improve club membership programs, create unique winery and virtual experiences, and cultivate customer loyalty to increase membership base and profitable DTC sales.
This important course created by Master Sommelier David Glancy imparts the artful strategy involved in speaking about wine with your guests, understanding your winery's portfolio as it compares to the rest of the world, suggesting food & wine pairing experiences, and creating bottle and club membership sales through service, all while improving bottom-line profitability. With lessons that are immediately useful in the tasting room, this class will help students take their sales and service skills to the next level.
Wines & Menus may be customized for private training.
Sessions & Schedule
SPECIAL SESSION ON CALIFORNIA'S CENTRAL COAST
Monday, March 11
Half Day 9:00-1:00p
Full Day 9:00-5:30p
This program is also available to private groups. We can use your lists and menu to create customized training for your team. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
Full Day Registration Fee $550pp*
- 8 hours of live class led by program author Master Sommelier David Glancy
- Guided tasting of 7 wines
- Box Lunch
Half Day Registration Fee $300pp*
- 4 hours of live class led by program author Master Sommelier David Glancy
- Guided tasting of 7 wines
Service & Tasting
- Reasons & methods of decanting
- Safe sparkling wine service
- Steps to tasting
- Structural elements of wine
Describing Wines & Principles of Food Pairing
- Using guest language vs jargon
- Connecting wine descriptions to food
- Matching the intensity of the food & wine
- Impact of salt, acid, sugar, & spice
Creating Profitable Wine Clubs & Promoting DTC Sales
- Importance of wine clubs & DTC sales
- Options for structuring wine clubs
- Ways to drive club signups
Customer Service for Groups, Individuals & Virtual Tastings
- Tasting room options
- Social Media opportunities
- Private & virtual experience options
- Mystery shopping & staff training
Recommendations & Requirements
All attendees must be at least 21 years of age
This product has no reviews yet.