Due to the current concerns over Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help keep our staff and students healthy during this uncertain time, San Francisco Wine School has implemented the following practices and policies in accordance with the state and county guidelines in place as of March 20, 2020.
We are amending our regular reschedule policy for all classes and events March 1-May 31 as follows. This amendment applies to any workshop or credential program offered at San Francisco Wine School.
Support Available for Wine & Hospitality Trade Impacted by COVID-19
CLASS FEE REDUCTIONS are available to professionals in the wine & hospitality industry who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
GIFT CERTIFICATES may be donated to the many worthy professional students in need during this time. Contact email@example.com for more information
All Classes will be Conducted in Webinar Format During Shelter in Place Period.
The San Francisco Bay Area is under order to Shelter in Place through April 7th. Our team is working from home and available at 650-763-1324 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
During this time, all in-person classes will be conducted in live webinar format unless otherwise indicated. All webinar participants will receive pdf handouts, suggested wine lists, and a calendar invitation to attend the webinar with login details. No live tastings will be conducted during these sessions, however all webinar participants are invited to attend a future 2020 session of the same class to participate in the live guided tasting and refresh their knowledge.
Students who are already registered in a class will be automatically be enrolled in their related webinar. Additional online registrations can be placed at www.sfwineschool.com/online. Please allow at least 2 hours prior to the start of class for us to process new registrations and provide attendees with class materials.
Small In-Person Classes will Run When Shelter in Place is Lifted. Distance Learning & Rescheduling will Be Available.
Once the Shelter in Place is lifted, all live classes and events of 50 people or less will continue at the school with the precautions described below being taken. However, please note that gatherings of any size will pose a heightened risk of COVID-19 transmission, and that older adults and individuals with existing health conditions are at particularly serious risk if they contract COVID-19 and should not attend.
- For those who are ill, exposed or feeling unsafe in public spaces, we will offer a live webcasting solution for most classes to allow them to participate remotely. Pdfs of handouts and wine suggestions will be provided, however no live tastings will be conducted with the online participants. Online attendees may return to class at a future 2020 session, so they may may participate in the live guided tasting and refresh their knowledge. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- For participants in the CWAS or CSW programs, you may also opt to apply your tuition toward the fees for any of our online programs during this time.
- Exam reschedules will be allowed in accordance with the relevant credentialing body certification policy. Reschedule fees may apply. Please inquire for details about your specific exam.
- All rescheduling requests must be submitted in writing within 2 hours of class start time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory Reschedule If You’re Sick or Exposed
To help our staff and guests stay healthy and to help our classes continue to run smoothly, we ask that if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days, please:
- Stay home for two weeks from the date of exposure, until you no longer have symptoms of illness, or until you have been medically cleared to resume normal activities.
All rescheduling and distance learning options will be made available to you, so that you can continue your studies when you are ready.
Our Commitment to Health and Cleanliness
- Staff will be working from home if they are experiencing any signs of illness or have been exposed to COVID-19. If an instructor needs to stay home, we will find a replacement or notify students as soon as we become aware.
- Students will be seated 6 ft apart for safe social distancing
- All tables, chair backs, and door handles will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes frequently and in between all classes.
- Gloves will be worn by staff when they are washing, polishing, placing, and removing wine glasses for events and classes.
- All SFWS doors will remain open when possible to minimize the number of commonly used surfaces in our facility.
- Our building management has committed to keeping restroom soap dispensers full and conduct rigorous disinfecting practices. We ask that students wash their hands for 20 seconds before coming to class and use their paper hand towel to exit the restroom and enter the front door of our facility when it is closed.
- Our staff will be using community spread precautions including coughing/sneezing into the inside of elbows and avoiding face touching. We ask that our guests do the same.
- As many of you know, we are big on hugs and handshake welcomes, however until the COVID-19 concern has been relieved, we will be welcoming you with big smiles and waves. We encourage you to greet others in the same fashion.
Things You May Bring to Class
While all of these items remain available for your use, we encourage guests to bring items that make them feel safe to class including:
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottles
- Wine glasses
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com. Thanks very much for your cooperation and understanding during this challenging time for us all.